Is your skin oily? Are you having trouble wearing make-up, going outside in the summer, posting pictures from parties because your skin is always shiny (and not in a nice way!)?
In this case this article is for you, and you are about to find out what causes oily skin and what changes you have to make in your life to keep it under control.
We know that there are many tips and tricks out there that don’t work, but we only provide you real information and, of course, a solution to your problem!
Why do I have oily skin?
I am sure you are hoping we will give a simple answer to this question, one that actually includes an easy fix. As much as we want to do this, that’s not the case: oily skin is related to your genes more than anything else.
What does this mean? Well, there is a large number of things that you can do to reduce the oil that is produced by your skin, but it is almost impossible to end up having dry or normal skin at some point in your life.
The good news? Once you know what makes your skin produce more oil than usual, you can fight this and reach to a balance that will make you feel and look good.
Read More: A wrong foundation can make your pores look bigger. Let find out best foundations for large pores and give a flawless look to your face.
What causes increased oil production?
Luckily for you (and us), the answer to this question is a bit more simple than the previous one. These are the main causes:
- Stress. For sure you noticed that when you are stressed your face becomes soaked in oil. We know that this is very unpleasant, especially when you have a presentation in front of your co-workers and everything you can think about is the way your skin looks.
- Diet. Junk food is bad not only for your body, but also for your skin; it can easily cause an imbalance in your skin and make it even more oily than usual. What is good for oily skin? Natural, healthy food!
- Hot weather. Although it does not affect the oil production directly, your skin can produce more sebum when the weather is hot. Here’s at least one reason why we should give winter more credit!
- Heavy makeup. Some cosmetics block the pores and this can cause oil flare-ups.
- Touching your face. Apart from the fact that this will put a lot of germs and bacteria on your face, it also stimulates your skin to produce more oil.
Read More: Oily skin needs extra care to keep up its shine. I want to help you in finding a great exfoliator that will serve your oily skin and keep you healthy.
How do you stop oily skin?
You want to know how to get rid of oily skin on face? We have the best solutions! Remember that some of them might or might not work for you, so you have to give them all a try before you decide what works best!
1. Cleanse your face properly.
Now that you know why is face so oily all the time, you know that you have to maintain it perfectly clean to prevent excess sebum. There are plenty of special cleansers on the market, but none of them does the trick as well as a natural one: sugar, honey and milk.
2. Face masks.
Some ingredients such as clay absorb the oil and help your skin look better. Once per week should be enough, although you can pamper yourself as much as you like.
3. Control your diet.
We won’t tell you that you have to give up junk food completely (who does that anyway?!) but you have to minimize the amount of unhealthy food you are eating if you want to stop oily face during the day and night.
4. Wear the right make-up.
There are special products for oily skin and you should not hesitate to use them; wearing the right foundation will make a difference!
Read More: I have come up with the benefits of a mattifying primer and a list of the best premiers for oily skin. Read on, you won’t get disappointed!
5. Get some blotting papers.
We cheated a little bit here since they will not actually stop your skin from producing oil, but it’s a trick worth knowing. If you are outside and you can’t clean your face, use blotting paper to absorb the oil from your face.
6. Quit touching your face.
If you have a habit of supporting your head with your hand while sitting in front of your desk, change it now! You will see the difference right away.
Small changes can make a big difference when it comes to your skin. By adjusting your diet and your beauty routine you can keep your oily skin under control, and you will never have to worry again about the way your face looks in the sun.
Love yourself no matter what and remember that every problem has a solution, you just have to search for it!