One of the most common skin problems that many people are facing is acnes. Not only do the teenagers develop acnes, but people at all ages can also have this skin disorder. The question is how to get rid of these terrible acnes safely and naturally? You may find the answer with aloe vera.
People have been used aloe vera in the cure of many diseases such as wounds, pain and burns for centuries and very few people have allergic reaction to it. Specially, this wonderful plant owns anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and astringent properties which are extremely effective in treating from mild to moderate pimples.
According to Lauren Fine, M.D., a board certified dermatologist at Chicago Cosmetic Surgery and Dermatology, people usually use aloe vera to heal inflammatory skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and acne in traditional medicine.
If you do not know how to use aloe vera in the treatment of acnes at home, keep on reading this article to see several possible ways of using aloe vera for treating acnes below.
1. Pure Aloe Vera
The first and foremost easy way to treat acnes is using pure aloe vera.
The steps you have to take are:
- Cut a fresh aloe vera leaf and open it to get the gel inside
- Wash your face clearly with water
- Apply the gel directly on your affected area
- Leave it overnight and wash your face with lukewarm water in the next morning
- Repeat this method every day until you get expected results
Another way to do is making aloe vera decoction to wipe the areas where acnes occupy. Pure aloe vera is not only helpful in reducing the appearance of pimples but also effective in fading the scars left behind. Therefore, repeat this process regularly to make your acnes disappear.
2. Aloe Vera and Lemon
The mixture of aloe vera and lemon is a useful solution for acne removal. Lemon juice acts as an astringent which is very helpful in treating pimples. It is more powerful when we combine lemon juice and aloe vera together.
What you need to do is very simple:
- Just mix a few drops of fresh lemon juice with 1-2 teaspoons of fresh aloe vera gel
- Then apply the mask on your affected area and wait for at least 10 minutes
- Clean your face with tepid water and followed by cold water
- To avoid dry skin, apply an oil-free moisturizer after that
In case you do not have lemon juice, you can use grapefruit juice as a replacement. Much more than that, the mask made from aloe vera and lemon juice also acts as a natural skin brighter. Thus, there is no reason to deny such a wonderful face mask for removing acnes.
3. Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil
If being combined with tea tree oil, aloe vera gel will be more effective in removing acnes and pimples. Tea tree oil has antibacterial and antifungal features which can fight against harmful bacteria causing acnes.
Aloe vera and tea tree oil work together to create a cleansing solution which is efficient in the treatment and prevention of acnes. It is quite easy to make a face mask from these two ingredients. Take the steps below:
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel
- Place this mixture on your affected skin and leave it there for 20-30 minutes
- After that, wash your face with water
- Repeat the process regularly to get best effects
You can also use baby oil instead of tea tree oil for similar results.
4. Aloe Vera and Vitamin E
One more way to treat pimples is using the combination between aloe vera and vitamin E. There is a truth that you can get rid of acnes successfully by using vitamin E. This is because of the anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and healing properties of vitamin E. The combination of aloe vera gel and vitamin E is not only effective for pimples’ removal but also keeps your skin flawless and healthy.
Just extract the oil inside one vitamin E capsule and mix with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Then apply the solution on your affected skin, let it dry naturally and leave for an hour or overnight. Finally, cleanse your face with water. Keep doing this method a few days until the pimples fade away.
5. Aloe Vera and Turmeric
Among best ways to treat acnes, the combination of aloe vera and turmeric is a wonderful way that you should not skip. Turmeric has anti-microbial properties which can beat bacteria forming pimples. The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric helps decrease the swelling associated with acnes. Meanwhile, the antioxidants of this herb can prevent scar formation caused by acnes. Turmeric’s healing properties are much better when you combine it with aloe vera.
- Mix ½ teaspoon each of turmeric powder and aloe vera gel with 1 teaspoon of gram flour.
- Put this paste on the affected area and leave it for 15 – 20 minutes
- Then, rinse your face with water
- Follow this process twice per week until you get your desired results
Note: In order to avoid stain on your skin caused by turmeric, gently rub some lemon juice on your skin after that.
6. Aloe Vera, Cinnamon and Honey
Are you wondering whether or not aloe really works for acnes? Try to mix it with cinnamon and honey to see how successful it is.
Honey is widely popular in skin care thanks to its rehydration and ability to control excess sebum. Similar to aloe vera and cinnamon, honey contains anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties which are beneficial in treating acnes.
You can make the amalgamation from these three ingredients by following the steps below:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of aloe vera with ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 teaspoons of honey
- Apply the solution on your affected skin and leave it there for at least 10 minutes
- Then finish by washing off your face with water
- Continue to perform the process regularly
7. Aloe Vera Spray
If you are looking for a fast way to use aloe vera for acne removal, consider making your homemade aloe vera antibacterial spray. One of the main reasons causing acnes is excessive oil on skin. Hence, to reduce pimples on skin, you need to prevent excessive oil accumulation. Aloe vera spray can help you in this situation.
The toner can help hydrate your skin and inhibit the production of extra oil. It also works wonder in reducing accumulated dead skin cells, inflammation, redness and itching due to pimples.
Take the following steps:
- Add 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel in a cup of green tea
- Then, put the solution in a spray bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Regularly spray this liquid onto your affected skin for good results
Note: Avoid the eye areas when spraying it.
Now, you can see that aloe vera does wonderfully in decreasing pimples when you use it alone or mix it with other natural ingredients. You have a wide range of home remedies to try. Aloe vera may not be suitable for everyone. So remember to consult your doctor before using this plant for treating acnes.
About the author:
Victoria Tan is a Health and Beauty expert with nearly 10 years of experience in Health Care industry. For more health care tips on healthy living, visit her at the website TrueRemedies.com. There, you will find posts on natural treatments, recipes, healthy foods, and so much more.
Top Editor's Choice on Aloe Vera Acne Treatment
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest Beauty Short Cuts right on your inbox.