The Best Ways to Remove Nasty Makeup Stains From Your Carpet. (See Immediate Results)
Makeup stains can be a huge pain when it comes to cleaning from your carpet. It is important to know specific remedies for every stain as well as relevant tips and tricks.
Can make up stains in your carpet be removed?
Do you have a make up stain in your carpet that you need to remove? I get it, nothing ruins a carpet like a nasty stain staring back at you.
More so, makeup stains; since they tend to adhere firmly to the fabric. From experience, trying to scrub it off especially with the wrong agent, only seems to make it bigger.
Putting furniture over it does not make it disappear too.
So, you have that huge spot right in the middle of your living room carpet, do you throw it away in frustration or is there a way to make the stain vanish?
How Do You Get Makeup Out of Your Carpet?
Well, you can stop holding your breath now, for today, we tackle five of the most notorious makeup stains and teach you how to get makeup out of a carpet.
So, before you burn that pretty rug you got for your birthday, we advise you read through on how to remove makeup from your carpet. We might have just what you are looking for!
#1.Remove lipstick stains from your carpet
Lipstick is one of the toughest to get off especially because most lipsticks have grease in them. While there many ways of tackling a lipstick stain, we give you the surest and fastest.
Photo credits of stainbustersgoldcoast.com.au
- A white cloth.
- Rubbing alcohol or Paint remover.
- Cleaning gloves.
- Water and detergent mixture.
Dab the area with the detergent mixture to remove the alcohol or paint remover. Avoid stepping on the wet area as it dries off.
In case you need a visual for this process, this video will make things clear. (Video credits of spot removal guide.)
#2. Get rid of liquid foundation stains from your carpet.
Another greasy and hard to remove culprit is the liquid foundation. This is very common especially because it is runny hence it only takes a few minutes to create a mess.
- White cloth.
- 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- Clean water in a spray can.
- Cleaning gloves.
- Iron box.
Cover it with a damp white cloth and place a hot iron on top.
Speaking of foundation, find out here "Best Foundations For Sensitive Skin" what is the best foundation for your skin!
#3. Remove Eyeliner and mascara.
These dark stains on a bright carpet can be a nasty sight to behold. Luckily, it’s very easy to remove these stains.
- A cup of warm water.
- Ordinary cleaning liquid.
- White cleaning cloth.
Continue dabbing until all the stain is removed.
#4. Tackle nail polish stains.
I would probably run out of fingers if I could count the number of times I have had to clean nail polish off my carpet. The good thing about cleaning nail polish is that this is a pretty straight forward affair.
Photo credits of good housekeeping.com.
- A white cloth.
- Non-acetone Nail polish remover.
Wet the cloth with clean water and dab at the spot where the stain was to remove traces of the remover. Try avoiding the area until completely dry.
In case you need a visual for this process, this video will make things clear. (Video credits of Nick Simeone)
#5. Remove Blush, Eye shadow or powdered foundation.
Packed powdered foundation and blush can very easily drop on your carpet especially during application. Fret not. The method of removing these stains is usually pretty straight forward.
- A Cup of clean water.
Put the detergent in the clean water to form lather.
Soak the cloth in the detergent water and gently dab at the stain until completely removed.
An alternative method especially if the stain is smudged is to use shaving cream instead of detergent.
It is advisable to use mild detergent as strong detergents may have bleach which might discolor the fabric of your carpet.
Tips, Tricks and tweaks.
- Always test out a hidden potion of your carpet with an agent before using it on a stain. This is to ascertain that the agent will not bleach or distort your carpet in any way.
- Woolen carpets are very sensitive so be careful while removing stains off of them. A good rule of thumb is to use dry cleaning agent on wool.
- Remember to Dab as opposed to rubbing the stain. This will prevent you from further smudging the stain in the carpet.
- Always use a pair of gloves while removing any stains to protect your hands. Some agents such as detergents may contain bleach which may be harmful to your skin.
- Use a white cloth to prevent staining your carpet further with dye from a colored cloth.
- Tackling a stain immediately is the best way to go as the longer some stains stay, the harder they are to remove.
- There is no shame in calling professionals to tackle a stain problem. This especially goes for woolen and silk carpets that are a bit tricky in cleaning.
Whether you live alone or with teenage kids who use make up, staining your carpet and rugs with makeup is bound to happen. With the right agents for specific stains, you can easily tackle any stain that comes your way. Just follow the little tutorial we have made for you and remember to keep in mind the tips above while doing so.
If you liked this piece on removing make up stains on a carpet or you have any question regarding the same, please leave us some comments and we will get back to you. You can also leave us some tips and share some of your own make up cleaning experiences. Otherwise, have fun using make up and happy cleaning ladies and gentlemen!
Last update on 2017-11-25 - Details