Using the right homemade face masks to eliminate blackheads will not only save your skin from a lot of damage and irritation but will also lead to a beautiful, glowing complexion.
Blackheads are one of the most commonly fought against skin problems especially among teenagers.
These little monsters are downright frustrating as they have the ability to suck the energy out of you as soon as you catch a glimpse of your reflection in the mirror.
The good news is; you can get rid of them. To spice it up, you can do it at the comfort of your home with common ingredients from your kitchen cabinet! But before we get into this, you ought to know the reason behind your vexing blackheads.
Without getting all nerdy and sciencey, blackheads are formed as a result of over production of sebum which clogs the pores.
This sounds pretty similar to whiteheads right? Well, the difference is that for blackheads, the pores are open hence oxidation occurs resulting in the plug of sebum turning black.
Proper cleansing of the skin can prevent blackheads but if it’s already too late, (the blackheads have formed) you can borrow these four homemade face masks for blackheads.
1. LEMON AND EGG WHITES PEEL OFF MASK.
- Egg white from one egg.
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice.
- Small pieces of tissue paper.
1 tsp. Orange juice.
Since they both contain citric acid, orange juice can be used as a substitute for lemon juice in case you are lacking or are not a fan of lemons. We however recommend lemons as they have a higher citric acid concentration which is great for cleansing the pores.
- Separate the egg white from the egg york and beat up the egg white.
- Mix it up with lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture to the affected area using your fingers or an application tool of your choice such as a spatula.
- Place the tissue paper on the first layer.
- Apply a second layer on the tissue paper and let it dry. After drying, peel it off gently to avoid injury while removing your blackheads.
- Rinse your face, preferably with cold water.
This mixture is not only good for clearing blackheads but also effective for healthy tight pores thanks to egg whites. If you can get past the nasty egg smell, this is a very effective blackhead clearing mask.
2. GELATIN AND MILK PEEL-OFF MASK.
- 1 tsp. Gelatin.Mix the gelatin and milk in a bowl that is microwave safe.
- 1 tsp. Milk
- Mix the gelatin and milk in a bowl that is microwave safe.
- Let the mixture warm in the microwave for five minutes under defrosting temperatures.
- Allow the mixture to cool down for a while before applying it to your skin.
- Wait for it to dry then peel off gently to remove blackheads.
Remember to rinse your face with cold water before applying your normal moisturizer. If you do not have a microwave, a hot water bath will do the heating job just fine. As a bonus, this mask will enable your skin to become smoother due to the milk protein while the gelatin clears out your pores.
3. TURMERIC, GELATIN AND MINT PEEL OFF MASK.
- Half tsp. of turmeric.
- 1 tbs. of gelatin.
- 2 table spoons of mint tea.
2 table spoons of Green tea.
Incase acquiring mint tea is a problem, you can go for the easy to find green tea. If anything, green tea is a great anti-inflammatory ingredient that provides more soothing effects to the skin compared to mint. If you have sensitive skin, green tea will be a better alternative to mint.
- Boil mint leaves in water and strain out the leaves.
- Add the hot mint tea to a mixture of gelatin and turmeric.
- Let it cool down before applying to your face to avoid burn marks or injuries.
- After the paste is dry, carefully peel off the mask to get rid of blackheads.
Turmeric acts as a very effective anti-inflammatory ingredient as well as lightening agent.
This means that apart from removing blackheads, you stand to gain a glowing complexion from using this mask. The soothing effects of mint or green tea will ensure you don’t get any red marks from peeling as well as give you tight pores making your skin firmer with prolonged use.
4. CHARCOAL PEEL OFF MASK.
- A tablespoon of charcoal grounded.
This sounds a bit strange, right? But before you put it off, think of the tones of people who swear by the charcoal mask, then give it a try. Promise you’ll love it.
- Mix the glue with charcoal dust to form a black paste.
- Using an application brush, spread the mixture on your face while avoiding your eyebrows.
- Wait for the mixture to dry and peel off very gently as this mask tends to be very adhesive.
Although it is a bit unorthodox, this mask works great when it comes to stripping off blackheads. The charcoal used in the mixture is great for providing the skin with essential minerals.
Combating blackheads can be a daunting experience, but it does not have to be expensive. If anything, most of the methods mentioned above a far much effective as compared to buying commercial peel off masks. Why? You ask. Well, simply because these homemade masks listed above use fresh ingredients and can easily be tweaked to fit your needs. Just pick one of the four masks you think is best for you and start your journey to beautiful skin.
If you want to live in a blackhead free world, go ahead and share this article with your friends, you might just save a life!
In case you have any questions or comments, don’t be shy, leave me some words below and I will happily get back to you. Remember, solving any skin condition requires some patience, and blackheads are no exceptions. With a little patience and consistence, you will get rid of blackheads thank to the masks above.