If you’re like me, you may not have even known about Hyaluronic Acid until recently. My team and I were so excited to learn more about the skincare benefits of Hyaluronic Acid (also known as Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, or HA), and conduct some hyaluronic acid serum reviews with the top serums on the market!
So, what is Hyaluronic Acid you ask? It’s not as scary and ‘medical’ as it sounds! HA is a naturally occurring acid that is produced in your body daily.
This acid has countless benefits for your skin, and (in our opinion) is one of the most revolutionary and interesting skincare ingredients currently out there.
- List of 5 Best Hyaluronic Acid Serums Reviews
- How Do I Choose An HA Serum?
- What is Hyaluronic Acid Used For In Skincare/What Are The Benefits?
- How to Use Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum Side Effects
- And The Winner Is…
List of 5 Best Hyaluronic Acid Serums Reviews
1 Joy and Karma Non-Greasy Paraben Free Hyaluronic Acid Serum
This product stood out to us because of it’s high percentage of organic ingredients. It comes in 1 fl oz. bottles which is a good standard size for HA serums, and given the amount of organic ingredients it seems to be well worth its value.
This hyaluronic acid serum by Joy and Karma, boasts 72% all organic ingredients. It does not contain parabens, petrochemicals or sulfates, and is cruelty-free and made in an FDA approved facility.
- That it is Vegan and cruelty free, aka. peace of mind!
- They offer a 100% unconditional money back guarantee if for any reason you are unsatisfied with your results.
- It is fragrance free and absorbs very quickly which is great for those of us who are rushed to get ready in the morning!
In 180’s Hyaluronic Serum you will also find a high concentration of Vitamin C. These two are usually paired together as they maximize each other’s benefits on your skin. They claim that you will notice on difference in your skin after one use.
This product stood out to us due to its high rating amongst users, and also the fact that it claims to show effects even after one use.
This HA serum is said to be very powerful, and because the concentration is high you should see reduced wrinkles and youthful results quickly.
This product is the smallest of our top picks, coming in at .05 fl oz, but with its high concentration you need not use as much as other serums; this product can go a long way.
- The high concentration and combination of results with the added Vitamin C.
- They use the most powerful and concentrated Triple Layer Hyaluronic Acid as well as Retinol.
- They guarantee you will love it, or your money back.
3 Passport to Organics100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid of a 1% Solution
This HA serum by “Passport To Organics” has a whopping 98% organic ingredients list while also containing the highest amount of pure Hyaluronic Acid on the market! It is paraben, oil, dye and fragrance free, gentle for all skin types, and made in a USDA registered facility.
Passport To organics Hyaluronic Acid Serum really stood out to us due to its high level of positive reviews, as well as the fact that it boasts the highest level of pure HA available on the market without a prescription.
It comes in a 2 fl oz. glass bottle and has a minimal, simplistic packaging that appeals to many customers.
- It is 98% organic, which is the highest percentage we have seen.
- It has only 4 ingredients, which we all know is something very admirable in a product as it means there are less chemicals and nasty ingredients that we don’t want on our skin.
- It is great for those with sensitive skin.
4 Cosmedica Skincare Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Skin
Cosmedica’s Hyaluronic Acid Serum is natural and organic, it is said to restore intense moisture and balance to your skin. They also use 100% pure HA and claim it will fill-in and diminish the look of fine lines/wrinkles as well as plump your skin making it appear smooth and soft.
Cosmedica’s hyaluronic acid serum stood out for us initially because it was the highest rated serum offering the largest quantity for value. It comes in glass bottles of 4 fl oz., and boasts a 100% pure HA formula.
- Size and price offer what seems to be the best value for HA serums.
- It is natural and organic.
- It offers intense hydration for dry skin, and works well on age spots and puffy under-eyes.
5 Joyal Beauty Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum
This HA serum by Joyal claims to have the highest concentration of low-molecular weight hyaluronic acid on the market. It boasts a 4% concentration whereas most other brands come in at 1%.
Royal stood out for us immediately because of it’s simple and natural-looking packaging. Royal uses 100% pure hyaluronic acid, and it technically is the highest percent on the market at 4% HA.
It comes in glass bottles of 1 fl. oz, and given the price and high HA percentage it seems to be of good value.
- Highest concentration of HA on the market and amongst other serums in its category.
- 100% chemical free and great for sensitive skin.
- It claims to have the purest and most unique form of HA derived from veggies.
How Do I Choose An HA Serum?
When you are choosing an HA serum, the hyaluronic acid serum recipe should have a few things to be on the lookout for:
- Make sure the Hyaluronic Acid Serum is natural/vegan, as this is preferable.
- Try to steer clear of Hyaluronic Acid Serums that contain any alcohol, sulphates, parabens or any such ingredients that aren’t natural/organic and can be potentially harmful to your skin.
With many HA serums on the market state a “pure hyaluronic acid” serum, they actually contain alcohol and/or preservatives that cancel out the ameliorations you’re making to your skin by using HA as a serum. Steer clear of such products!
What is Hyaluronic Acid Used For In Skincare/What Are The Benefits?
HA is an acid that is naturally occurring and naturally found in the body. What is does is secure moisture and lock it into your skin (it can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in moisture), making your skin appear full, dewy, and younger.
HA also improves the appearance of fine lines, age spots and wrinkles – since it adds more fullness/evenness to your skin!
It is a gentle acid suitable for all skin types that is able to penetrate the upper layers of your skin allowing for maximum benefit – even collagen doesn’t posses this ability.
Hyaluronic Acid is widely distributed all through your connective, epithelial and neural tissues, meaning it is highly valued in many areas of your body; notably to joints and skin.
How to Use Hyaluronic Acid Serum
When applying an HA Serum, it is best if you apply it to a freshly cleaned and damp face/neck. The moisture left on your skin with be held by the serum, and it will also prevent any drying.
A good method that many use, is adding Hyaluronic Acid Serum their daily moisturizer and/or toner. Adding 3-4 drops into your moisturizer is a good way to distribute, and also skip the step of applying moisturizer after your serum.
Hyaluronic Acid Serum Side Effects
If you are reading up on Hyaluronic Acid online, you may notice a lot of warnings regarding side-effects and the dangers of HA – and these only apply if you are using too much Hyaluronic Acid.
It should be noted that the highest percentage of HA that you should ever use on your skin, is %1 pure HA, anything above this is harmful.
The side effects of using too much Hyaluronic acid are, skin irritation, redness, drying, and peeling.
And The Winner Is…
Our team was unanimous in agreeing that our top pick was “100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid of a 1% Solution” from Passport To Organics! Compared to its competitors, it has the least amount of ingredients, with the highest amount of organic sources and pure HA.
This product contains no alcohol, it is natural, minimal and vegan – and as the most simplistic and hassle-free serum on our list of favorites, we had no qualms ranking it our #1!