Top 3 Best Hard Skin Remover For Feet. (Your Feet Will Thank You!)
If you are a lover of sandals like me, at one time or the other you have all fallen victim of hard skin especially at the back of the feet. While you cannot spend your whole life in closed shoes, hard, dry skin on your feet is not only embarrassing but also quite a discomfort.
So, is there a way to rid yourself of this problem or are you doomed for life? The good news is, hard skin on your feet ca easily be managed.
The better news is that a foot file is a safe, healthy ad chemical free means to baby smooth heels.
If I have your attention by now, you are probably wondering, how exactly can this be achieved? To answer your question, this guide will take you through the steps of using a foot file and its benefits.
As a bonus, we have compiled a list of three best hard skin remover you ought to consider while making your purchase.
What causes calluses and how to prevent them.
If you do not already know, calluses are the hard, rough, and sometimes cracked skin formed on the hands, knuckles and feet due to friction.
The skin on the surface of your feet and hands adapts to the friction by being harder and hence results in forming calluses.
In some advanced cases, this calluses form deep cracks that are painful and harbor bacteria in the long run.
In order to understand how to prevent calluses from forming, you have to understand what causes them. In this light, I will list activities and habits that may result in calluses over time. They include;
- Friction from often walking barefoot. This is pretty obvious, if you spend most of your time barefoot either walking or running, you will most likely end up with calluses due to friction.
- Excessively dry skin. Lack of properly moisturizing your feet and hands can result in it being excessively dry which will in turn lead to the formation of calluses.
- Reduction in a fat layer of the skin. As we age, the fat layer in the hands and feet gradually decreases. This leads to the formation of calluses hence elderly people are more susceptible to them.
- Regular handling of working tools such as hammers. If you are used to handling tools, especially with metallic handles, you might have noticed the skin on your hands getting rougher with time. Prolonged use of these tools without protection eventually leads to the formation of calluses.
Having known this, you can go the extra mile and prevent your feet from getting calluses by doing the following:
- Avoid walking barefoot and wear the right fitting shoes. If you cannot totally avoid saying barefoot, try limiting it to when you are indoors only. Also, ensure the shoes you wear fit properly and are not too snug. When it comes to sandals or open shoes, ensure your feet are not hanging out of the shoe.
- Use a foot cream to moisturize your feet as opposed to lotion. After showering or washing your feet, ensure you dry them first then follow with a foot cream. While drying your feet has no direct connection to calluses, it prevents other foot infections. Moisturizing your feet will prevent them from being dry hence reduce any chances of forming calluses. A foot cream is better preferred to lotion as it is meant to target the delicate skin on your feet.
- Conduct regular foot care procedures that involve the use of a pumice stone. To avoid calluses on your feet, you have to maintain good foot care at least once a week. This will ensure you handle dry skin as soon as it forms preventing any chances of calluses forming.
- Use protective clothing such as gloves to prevent hand calluses when handling tools. Whether you are handling tools for a short or long period, using gloves is not only an important safety measure but will help in absorbing friction hence help in preventing calluses.
Read More: Read through the best epilator reviews by women who have tried using it.
The simple steps of using a foot file for baby-soft heels.
Whether you own a metallic, wooden, plastic or even an electric foot file, the steps of using them are pretty much the same. The is instantaneous and quite pain-free and if anything, you will only need to spare thirty minutes of your time for this. So, without further ado, steps of using a foot file include:
1. Soak your feet in a bucket of warm soapy water for at least five minutes. This is necessary as it helps soften your skin for an easy time during filing.
2. Once your skin is moist and softened, use your foot file to gently scrub off the skin in the affected area. Remember, I said gently. Many people are tempted to go hard during this process which in result will lead to scarring or even bleeding. This is supposed to be a pain-free process, if there is pain, you are doing it wrong.
3. After a few repetitions, your feet will be smoother. Rinse your legs and apply a good foot cream for moisturizing and softening your heels. Lanolin is a great substitute for foot creams as it is a natural skin moisturizer so if you do to have a foot cream, lanolin will be an affordable substitute.
4. Put on a pair of socks to prevent the cream from transferring to your beddings and keep your feet moisturized hence soft.
In some cases, one scrubbing session will not tackle all your hard skin especially if it advanced to the point of forming cracks. Therefore, a little patience will go a long way in this process. Also, a heel balm or cream is quite essential so, by all means, do not skip it. While on this note, it is advisable to do this process at night as it allows your skin to absorb the moisture. I cannot emphasize harder the importance of cleaning your file once you are through. This will ensure you do not transfer bacteria to your skin in the next session.
That said, for better understanding, watch this video on how to use a foot file.
Read More: Find out a way to get rid of strawberry legs for good.
Why chose a foot file over all other methods?
I have to admit, using a foot file is not the only way to rid yourself of hard skin on your feet but it is arguably the safest and hence the best. Doubtful? Take a look at the benefits of using a foot file below.
2. Compact and portable.
The Amope Pedi foot file could just be the solution to hard skin on your feet. This foot file come with a load of benefits thanks to the features it has.
For starters, you are provided with three roller heads ranging from fine to course to tackle your hard skin at all levels.
This foot file is battery operated and will require 4 AA batteries which are conveniently provided with each purchase.
As a bonus, you are provided with the Amope Extra rich foot cream that is packed with 8 different vitamins hence saving you the hustle of buying your own foot cream.
The packaging is quite compact and sleek so you can easily throw it in your bag while traveling.
a short introduction video of this product:
- It is quite affordable.
- Provides a natural and chemical free remedy for your hard skin.
- It comes with three rollers for different levels of foot buffing.
- An extra tube of foot cream is provided with each purchase.
- You are given your first set of batteries.
- If not careful you can peel off too much skin.
- A rechargeable electric foot file is more convenient compared to a battery operated one.
- YOUR VERY OWN SPA-LEVEL CARE AT HOME: Now with...
- UNMATCHED VERSATILITY: Our foot file tool is...
- BONUS GRINDING HEAD AND NAIL BUFF HEAD FOR...
The naturalico callus remover is probably the most convenient foot file you will find in the market thanks to the amazing features it has.
For starters, this foot file doubles as a shaver such that you can use it to shave off your legs right after buffing your feet.
Remember how you dropped your previous foot file in water and spoilt it? Well, with the Naturalico, you get none of that as it is waterproof.
This means that you can enjoy your foot procedure with this electric device without any worry of damaging it with water.
It is also cordless and rechargeable ensuring you conveniently enjoy your buffing process wherever and whenever.
This foot file ensures your legs are totally taken care of as it comes with a personal pedicure tool for your nails.
After peeling off the hard skin, you can follow with the O’Keeffe’s foot cream for moisturizing. The bottom line is, this foot file is just right for anyone looking for a great foot buffing and then some.
- It is waterproof hence safe to immerse in water.
- Doubles as a foot file and a shaver.
- It comes with a compact bag for traveling.
- Personal pedicure for your nails is a great inclusion.
- It is cordless and compact hence convenient in carrying and using.
- The handle comes with an ergonomic design providing a comfortable grip.
- · You may easily injure yourself while using it.
- Perfect solution for dry ,calloused and cracked...
- Large yet light weight design allows you to work...
- Gives equally good results on both dry and wet...
The colossal foot rasp is arguably the best manual, non-electric foot file available. It is made of surgical grade stainless steel surface that work well either on wet or dry skin.
The foot file is also quite large providing you with an adequate surface for buffing. You are also guaranteed full satisfaction with the purchase of this foot file as you can return it within thirty days of purchase.
- · Great on wet and dry feet.
- · Made of durable stainless steel.
- · Requires little maintenance.
- · It is large hence can tackle a large surface at a time.
- · An electric foot file is preferred to a non-electric one.
- · The steel on this foot file can be quite painful and even cause injury especially if used on dry skin.
If you are all for safety and natural beauty tricks, then your best bet at baby-smooth skin is using a foot file. When used gently and followed with a good moisturizer or foot cream, this method is bound to give you amazing results.
Of the reviewed foot files above, I would advise you to go with the Naturalico electric foot file. This is because aside from it being an electric foot file, it comes with numerous extra features such as a shaver and a personal pedicure tool.
That said, remember to maintain hygiene throughout this process to avoid any bacterial infection. Also, make sure you follow with a moisturizing foot cream after buffing to experience faster results.
If you have any questions or comments on foot files feel free to holler at the comment section below. That said, share this article so we can all lie in a world full of smooth legs!
Last update on 2017-10-21 - Details