Finding the right brush to give your makeup a natural yet defining appearance does not have to be grueling if you follow these rules when selecting a best brush for your makeup.
- Brushes, Brushes Everywhere!
- Four Mistakes Women Make with Their Foundation
- How to Apply Liquid Foundation Correctly
- What You Need in a Liquid Foundation Brush
- Reviews of the Top 5 Best Foundation Brushes for Liquid Foundation
- Who is the Winner?
Brushes, Brushes Everywhere!
There are so many brushes in the world of makeup. There are brushes for your eye shadow, your blush, your foundation, and more. The fact that there are so many options for each type of makeup means that you are left with a decision on your hands. Which brush do you choose?
Instead of making you struggle with this decision by yourself, I am going to help you wade through the world of one kind of brush. We are going to talk about the best brush you can use for your liquid foundation. I will have to leave the other types of brushes for later, because it would be impossible to talk about all of them at the same time.
So, here’s to choosing one brush that really works with your foundation and being able to rely on that brush alone!
Four Mistakes Women Make with Their Foundation
Makeup is a tricky world. There are so many tips and tricks you have probably never heard of yet, but if you are doing some of them wrong, even the right brush might make your foundation look strange.
Here are some tips you should follow when you are applying your foundation, because the application is just as important as the brush.
First of all, choosing your foundation Color
Your foundation color should not be done by testing the foundation on your jaw. You need to test the foundation around your nose, eye, and cheek area, where the light will really fall.
If the foundation is the right color for you, it should blend with your skin. Try testing the foundation out on only one side of your face and looking at the difference. You can go a little darker than your skin tone, but don’t go a little lighter.
Second, you need to use primer under your foundation
When you apply a powder first, it helps you look and feel better. Why? Well, primer helps your foundation be less slippery when you apply it after the primer. It can also help hide dark spots and wrinkles later in life.
When you are looking for a primer to go underneath your foundation, make sure that you choose something that will benefit your look by making your pores seem smaller.
Third, you should never use your fingers!
Fingers are not the best way to apply foundation. Why? First of all, your fingers are greasy. You want to do as much as possible to keep your fingers away from your face if you are trying to avoid having a breakout.
Foundation brushes are superior to fingers. They use less of the product, avoiding a cakey look. Also, a brush is going to blend the product more smoothly than your fingers can; this will help your look be completely natural.
Last of all, do not apply foundation all over your face
Foundation was created to be used only in the areas you need it, not to cover up 100% of your skin. This is why it is important to select foundation that blends in with your skin color. You can use the foundation on part of your face without making your face look like it was done in patches.
You should use concealer ONLY in the following areas: darkness underneath your eyes, redness around your nose-especially in winter, or any blemishes or zits on your face that you don’t want to show.
Covering your face is concealer’s job, not the foundation’s. If you are using your foundation to do the right job, then the application will look great, rather than patchy.
How to Apply Liquid Foundation Correctly
Moisturize and completely clean your face before you begin putting on makeup. Remember that you should always wash off your makeup at night before you go to bed, so that your skin has time to breathe before you put on another makeup layer. Blot any excess moisturizer on your face with a tissue.
Pour a little bit of foundation on a smooth surface, either a little bowl or a plate. The reason behind this is that you want to have a smooth surface on which to dip your foundation.
Never cover your brush completely in foundation. Only dab the tips of the bristles and do not grind the brush into the foundation as this can damage your brush.
Apply the foundation in a circular motion, constantly moving from one side of your face to the other. You can start with your nose then move to the other parts of your face that need foundation. Remember that you do not need to completely cover your face. Blend the foundation along your jaw if you used foundation there.
Remember to clean your brush after each use. You can simply dab your brush with a tissue to get off any remaining foundation. If you want to clean your brush with shampoo, you only need to do that once a week.
What You Need in a Liquid Foundation Brush
This is the most important part right here. What should you look for when you are buying a foundation brush?
First of all, make sure that the brush you select is not made of animal hair. The brush should say “synthetic” somewhere in the description. Brushes made with animal hair should never be used with liquids.
Next, you need to stay away from big, fluffy brushes. They make it hard to smear the liquid foundation accurately. Use a small, fluffy brush to give yourself a natural finish. You are going to be looking for a stippling brush.
Reviews of the Top 5 Best Foundation Brushes for Liquid Foundation
1. Coastal Scents 22 Piece Makeup Brush Set
- This Coastal Scents brush set includes 24 brushes at an affordable price. Make sure you don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity as supplies are limited!
- With these brushes, you can achieve any look. The set comes in a variety of sizes and shapes to help achieve that desired effect as well as really make your makeup pop!
- Everything from foundation, contouring, highlighting, eye shadow blending, eye makeup applications- this brush set has it all covered. This is an excellent piece for anyone looking to create their perfect look every day.
- The Coastal Scents 22 Piece Makeup Brush Set is your one-stop shop for all your makeup brush needs. The set houses a wide variety of brushes including foundation, blush, contour powder, and highlighting on the natural side of things.
- Accessory brushes included are an angled eyebrow brush, lip/smudge brush as well as a sparkling fan that will add just the right amount of glitter to any face. Jet black handles provide rigid support for even the most difficult bristles and conveniently store in their matching case when not being used.
I recommend this brush set if you are looking not only for something to apply your foundation but also something to fit all your other makeup needs.
2. Sigma Beauty Professional Kabuki Makeup Brushes
- These kabuki makeup brushes are made to detail your complexion with a silky texture. The set includes 12 high-quality quality best foundation brushes for liquid foundation to prepare you for any occasion or work of art that you’re painting on the skin.
- We’ve hand-selected eleven of our favorite brushes, designed with makeup pros in mind. Use the different brush sizes and purposes to create a flawless look that suits you best.
- Brush your makeup woes away with Sigma Beauty Professional Kabuki Makeup Brushes. These soft, metallic kabuki brushes were invented to give you a flawless finish in less time and with an even sweep of product.
- What makes this brush set special? We use CSW (chalkless shaving) technology to create high-performance, flexible bristles that give you 100% formability and control, making it perfect for spreading liquid foundation or cream blush.
- The natural exfoliation technique used also minimizes the amount of product required because of its tendency to run off excess powder on the skin’s surface instead of overloading beauty products on top.
I recommend this brush if you want a brush that meets every one of the foundation brush requirements.
3. Kabuki Makeup Brush Set – Beauty Junkees 5pc Professional Face Make Up Brushes with Case
- Perfect for any makeup junkie, this set of brushes provides the perfect tools for even the most complicated blends. Makeup Brush Set – Get all the tools you need to get a flawless face easily with these best foundation brushes for liquid foundation!
- With the Kabuki Makeup Brush Set you can effortlessly achieve that perfect 20-minute look. Between application, blending, and concealer each product is uniquely suited to a specific purpose of your face so that all you have to do is grab one brush and go!
- For years makeup brushes haven’t been as good as they could be. I get it: there are some brands out there with makeup brushes that are just downright disappointing because they leave beauty imperfections intact or worse – magnify them – but not these ones!
- The short handle and tapered head on the face brush are perfect for creating an airbrushed effect. Curved bristles give you more precise control with your powder or blush. Kabuki’s high-quality synthetic fibers distribute your products evenly to help create a beautiful, smooth finish that looks natural and enhances rather than masks your skin tone.
I recommend this brush set if you want a high-quality set.
4. Featherstroke Makeup Brushes
- Featherstroke Makeup Brushes are a diverse range of tools for perfecting your makeup application. Made with the highest quality synthetic fibers, these brushes provide the right amount of pigment with just one stroke. Choose from BLUE to GREEN on Thalia Wongsales and get ready for flawless foundation, eyeshadow, contouring, and more.
- Featherstroke brushes really do make it seem like you’re painting – that is until you need precision inline drawing or cleaning up those pesky corners! Designed to be portable as well as chic, they sure know how to pack some serious power into small spaces while always looking elegant.
- Featherstroke makeup brushes will give you whimsical, even coverage of your looks. Their bristles are soft and gentle against the skin, so they’re perfect for sensitive skins too! They come in a range of different colors with two ergonomic grip handles—one angular and one round. Their grasp won’t loosen as you work to get that perfectly applied look!
I recommend this brush set if you will only be using liquid makeup.
5. Nanshy Masterful Collection Professional Soft Vegan 12pcs Makeup Brush Set
- Is it time to upgrade your makeup brush collection? Don’t waste your money hesitating. Our amazing, affordable and perfectly crafted set of 12 brushes is here for you.
- Do you need the best foundation brushes for liquid foundation? This 12pcs set gives you all the brushes to create a full-face look. Applying, buffing, contouring, and shading your face is easier than ever with these cruelty-free non-toxic vegan makeup brushes.
- Keep your skin clean and healthy without worrying about bringing in animal products that could hurt it. Get this set today and see more of what we have!
- Brush your foundation smooth with these Vegan makeup brushes. Knock out an airbrushed finish in minutes, using all 12 expertly crafted pieces to give you the coverage, application of blush, and more control on every detail of your routine.
- The bristles are made from synthetic animal-free material for a safe alternative that is also FDA approved. Dazzle without sacrificing animals while coming away with a natural-looking complexion!
I recommend these brushes if you have a lot of money to spend and you are looking for especially soft brushes.
Who is the Winner?
Because your foundation brush is what sets the canvas for your makeup, you should not be cheap when you are selecting one. However, that does not mean that the most expensive set is always the best option either.
We have looked at five different brushes or brush sets. Which one is the best one for applying your liquid foundation? The best makeup brush set you can purchase is the Kabuki Makeup Brush Set, which was our third option.
All the brushes in the set are synthetic, meaning that you don’t have to pick and choose which ones you will be able to use. This set also has a high customer review rating, and the brushes are meant to be used with liquid makeup. Also, the price is very reasonable for the number of brushes you are receiving.
This set only has one negative factor, and you can easily address the problem. You only need to leave your brush out in the open air when you are not using it so that the brush has sufficient time to dry. For this reason, the Kabuki Makeup Brush Set is the best option for your foundation brush.