If you’re someone who regularly frequents the nail salon, doing your own nails at home can save you hundreds of dollars a year. There are many other important bonuses to doing your nails yourself, like knowing the tools have only been used on your nails and are cleaned properly.
It’s for these reasons that many women (and men!) have found it beneficial to invest in their own electric nail drills. If you have no experience however, it can be difficult to know where to start and what to look for – that’s why we have compiled a list of the five best electric nail files on the market in 2021!
- List of 5 Best Electric Nail Files Reviews
- 1 Pure Enrichment PureNails 10-Piece Professional Manicure and Pedicure Kit
- 2 VOGUE PROFESSIONAL Easy to use Electric Nail Drill file
- 3 Pure Enrichment PurePedi Deluxe 10-Piece at-Home Professional Manicure and Pedicure Electric Nail File Kit
- 4 Belle Professional Quality Nail Tech Drill
- 5 Medicool Pro Power 30K Professional Electric Manicure & Pedicure File
- How Do I Choose An Electric Nail File?
- What Are The Advantages Of An Electric Nail File vs. A Regular File?
- What You Should Look For When Choosing An Electric Nail File?
- What Is The Controversy?
- And The Winner Is…
List of 5 Best Electric Nail Files Reviews
1 Pure Enrichment PureNails 10-Piece Professional Manicure and Pedicure Kit
- The PureNails 7-piece professional system is perfect for you DIY nail gurus out there, and is one of the best products on the market. The design of its drill is pretty impressive, it’s got an ergonomic grip, easy-to-use controls and all the accessories are easy to swap and clean.
- It has some great features for it’s low-end price range, like an LED light that highlights the grooming area and two speed settings for rough and delicate areas. It also has an AC adapter which means more power and consistency than many battery operated units.
- What stands out about this product is that it is perfect for the at-home nail guru on a budget. It offers a surprising amount of features for a low-end price point and even comes with its own protective carrying case.
- We think this machine is well worth its value for the price.
- Users have said that it works very well on their rough or dry skin, that it was great for overgrown cuticles, and that it got rid of their ingrown toenails effortlessly.
- They were also impressed with the grooming light and said it lit the area being groomed very effectively.
2 VOGUE PROFESSIONAL Easy to use Electric Nail Drill file
- The VOGUE Professional is a great and well-known brand for those wanting to give themselves manicures at home. It has a sleek and simple design, and the main unit has every control you could need – literally at your fingertips.
- It boasts 15,000 RPM which is more power than you’ll even need, and will last you for years – whether you’re a salon professional, a student, or an at home user. It is lightweight, comes with 4 attachments and has a vibration free drill for smooth and easy operation.
- One of the things that makes it such a great pick is the fact that it is also inexpensive but offers the same professional results as much more expensive models.
- The Vogue Professional is also a noteworthy model due to its mid-range price and value. They are an established brand amongst nail technicians and nail gurus alike, and it has a standard size shank of 3/2”.
- If you’re as OCD about your nails as I am, you’ll probably love the 15,000-20,000 RPM drill with its precision speed control box for optimal results. Users love this drill because it fits perfectly in your hand and is the perfect weight for consistent use by a nail tech or salon owner.
Below, a user describes her new Vogue Professional Drill and how she uses it:
3 Pure Enrichment PurePedi Deluxe 10-Piece at-Home Professional Manicure and Pedicure Electric Nail File Kit
- The Pure Enrichment Kit provides you with everything you need to give yourself professional salon-quality nails at home. It has an amazing 8-in-1 comprehensive tool that has everything you could need for keeping your hands and feet perfectly groomed.
- It offers a sleek, cordless look, with an ergonomic grip for maximum comfort and easy to change attachments. This electric nail drill is perfect for novices and professionals.
- The Pure Enrichment 10-in-1 kit is a great machine for fingernails and toenails and is painless to operate.
- We loved it because it is so lightweight and is very easy to use; it won’t hurt your wrists or hands after extended manicures or pedicures.
- My team loves it for its effectiveness in taming wild and uneven toenails and callused heels; one of them even used it on his 89 year old mothers thick toenails – and she loved it!
- The attachments that are specifically for feet can also be used on fingernails, and the ergonomic handle makes this very easy to manipulate.
4 Belle Professional Quality Nail Tech Drill
- Belle is a very well-known brand that supplies affordable electric nail files that are reliable, sturdy, and easy to use. The Belle Electric Manicure drill is one of the most powerful and heavy duty on the market, and offers a heat resistant handle.
- It includes the drill, a control unit with 6 swappable bits, controlled rotation speed, and a foot pedal for day use. The amount of precision you can get with this drill renders it comparable to many professional models, and also very safe to use.
- Some major benefits of the Belle drill machine are that since it’s a higher-end drill, it is built more sturdy and durable than most – and in turn ends up being more powerful and having a longer life.
- We love that it is heavy-duty, comes with a foot pedal, and even comes with an instructional video in the user manual.
- My friend who has been a nail tech for over 23 years purchased this drill and says it’s the most powerful electric nail file she’s ever used. She uses it at her salon, and she is left-handed, so she loves that it is suitable for right AND left hand use with its reverse direction feature.
Watch a user describe her Belle drill and how she uses it below:
5 Medicool Pro Power 30K Professional Electric Manicure & Pedicure File
- Medicool Pro Power is a pro-grade electric nail file that has unmatched performance, is lightweight and can easily any manicure and pedicure service. It was made for extended and demanding usage and includes some super useful accessories.
- This machine has a high torque motor that reaches 20,000 rotations/minute. It also has speed control and the drill comes with a reverse function and a good size control box so you can adjust the drills rotation speed.
- What my team loved about the Medicool electric file was overall it’s optimal power and control.
- As the drill with the highest price point in our list – it is well worth the price tag. If you are a pro nail tech who loves quality, you will love this machine.
- Everyone on my team agreed that this drill really is the top pick. This professional grade drill has many benefits; it is sturdy, powerful (at 30,000 RPM/min), offers speed control, multiple quality bits and attachments, a foot pedal and is made of shock and flame resistant plastic!
How Do I Choose An Electric Nail File?
First, you should ask yourself – What will be its main use? Do you want to give yourself at-home manicures and/or pedicures? Do you want it to treat rough and callused skin? Do you own a salon and need it for acrylic or gel nails as well as thick nails and callused feet?
If it’s going to get a lot of regular use (aka you own a nail salon), it may be beneficial and financially practical for you to invest in a mid or high end electric nail file. If you simply want it for the odd manicure/pedicure at home, it is safe to go with a cheaper model that is not for salon use.
What Are The Advantages Of An Electric Nail File vs. A Regular File?
Electric nail files are preferable for thick toenails, acrylic and gel nails, callused/thick skin, bunions and even for use on your pets nails.
Salons mainly use electric nail files because of their speed and ability to polish, buff and shape.
What You Should Look For When Choosing An Electric Nail File?
When choosing an electric nail file you should mainly be looking to make sure that the unit you purchase will be effective for what you need. Electric nail files can run anywhere from $50-$300, and obviously the higher end electric files come with more features.
If you own a salon you should be looking at electric drills that come with attachments for corns and calluses, removing excess cuticles, ridge filing, buffing and shaping. An LED light to highlight the area would be useful, and note that drills with AC adapters are known to last longer and offer more power than battery operated models.
Multiple settings (high/low speed) for delicate and rough areas would also be very useful, as well as the option for a forward and reverse spin. Protective caps to prevent nail residue from flying into the air during grooming is definitely a plus!
Foot pedal control is optimal for most salon owners, and you can also look for drills with a heat resistant handle to prevent overheating. If you are simply looking for an electric drill for at home use, you don’t need a model with this many features – unless that’s what you want!
What Is The Controversy?
There is not much ‘controversy’ per se when it comes to electric nail files. But one thing you should keep in mind is that electric nail files are known to produce a lot of nail dust, this dust can be harmful to your health if inhaled frequently.
And The Winner Is…
Everything considered – my team had a very hard time choosing the best electric nail file we believe to be ahead of them all. A few were neck and neck, and it was difficult seeing as all of these machines have incredibly useful features.
Overall for us, the Medicool Pro Power came out on top thank to its to it’s power and durability. This is a time where the saying, “You get what you pay for” rings very true. The Medicool might be at the high end of the price range, but it offers salon-grade professional quality that is easy to use, easy to clean, and will save you money for years!